Wenatchee Garage Fire Close Call Explosion

WENATCHEE — One minute firefighter Glenn Smith was in the clear, aiming his hose at a garage fire. The next, he was engulfed in a fireball.

“It happened so fast that you don’t really have a lot of time to think,” he said of the Dec. 15 blaze in a Wenatchee garage. “I was just in a lot of fire and it was hot.”

The fireball, caused by either propane tanks or pyrotechnics inside the garage, retreated quickly and Smith went right back to fighting the fire, although he moved to the side of the garage.

“It seemed like it was a cannon. All the fire came out the front,” he said.

Complete Article and video if not showing in post for you.