Uxbridge, MA House Fire Blamed on Stove

A wood stove that was left burning is to blame for a 3 alarm fire that started around 1:50pm on Monday November 4, 2013. Nobody was home at the time of the fire. A neighbor saw smoke coming from the house and called the fire department.

Heavy smoke was showing upon FD arrival. Heavy fire was discovered shortly after in the basement that was rapidly extending to the 1st floor. The fire eventually spread throughout the home and through the roof. A 2nd and 3rd alarms were transmitted to bring in tankers and manpower. The home was out of the hydrant district so portable tanks had to be set up.

1 firefighter was transported to the hospital. It took about 2 hours to bring the fire under control.

SPARKYWFD Video and Text