March 4, 2010
Buffalo firefighters crawled into a burning Gatchell Street home Wednesday night and pulled a man to safety.
The blaze broke out at about 8:30 p.m. in the front apartment of the 1½-story home at 122 Gatchell in the city’s Broadway-Bailey neighborhood. A woman who lived in the rear flat smelled smoke, called 911 and led several others to safety.
Firefighters were on scene in less than four minutes and arrived to learn that a male victim, identified then only as a John Doe, was still inside his apartment…READ ALL BUFFALO NEWS